Bomber attacks foreign military convoy in Afghanistan: officials

  • Friday 15, September 2017 in 5:47 PM
Sharjah 24 – AFP: A suicide attacker driving an explosives-filled vehicle slammed into a convoy of foreign troops in southern Afghanistan on Friday, officials said, with reports of several soldiers wounded.

The Taliban claimed the attack which Kandahar provincial governor spokesman Fazal Bari Baryalai told AFP "totally destroyed" one of the vehicles carrying Romanian soldiers in Daman district.

Afghan and NATO officials could not confirm reports of casualties but in a WhatsApp message to journalists Taliban spokesman Qari Yousuf Ahmadi said "seven invading forces" were killed.

Provincial police chief General Abdul Raziq told AFP the scene had been cordoned off by foreign forces.

The Taliban's latest assault follows the militant group's pledge to turn Afghanistan into a "graveyard" for foreign forces after U.S. President Donald Trump's announcement to keep American boots on the ground indefinitely.