Death toll in Beirut blast rises to more than 50

  • Tuesday 04, August 2020 11:56 PM
  • Death toll in Beirut blast rises to more than 50
Sharjah 24 – Reuters: The death toll from a massive explosion in Beirut on Tuesday has risen to more than 50 killed and over 2,700 injured, Lebanon's health minister said in televised remarks.
The minister earlier said more than 25 people had been killed and more than 2,500 injured.

Lebanon's Prime Minister Hassan Diab said that those responsible for an explosion at a "dangerous" warehouse in Beirut port area that rocked the capital would pay the price.

"I promise you that this catastrophe will not pass without accountability. ... Those responsible will pay the price," he said in a televised speech. "Facts about this dangerous warehouse that has been there since 2014 will be announced and I will not preempt the investigations".